VIRGINIA Roberts Giuffre spoke out on Twitter in the wake of a ruling that her case against Prince Andrew can move forward.
Giuffre’s claimed she was introduced to Prince Andrew by disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein, and that the royal had sex with her in a bathroom when she was 17, an allegation Prince Andrew has denied.
The Duke of York will face a court battle with Giuffre, according to a ruling made by Judge Lewis A Kaplan on January 12.
“Im pleased with Judge Kaplans ruling yesterday that allows my case against Prince Andrew to go forward,” Giuffre wrote in the series of tweets.
“Im glad I will have the chance to continue to expose the truth & I am deeply grateful to my extraordinary legal team.”
“Their determination helps me seek justice from those who hurt me and so many others.
“My goal has always been to show that the rich and powerful are not above the law & must be held accountable.
“I do not walk this path alone, but alongside countless other survivors of sexual abuse & trafficking,” she concluded.
the royal who has strenuously denied allegations made by Ms Giuffre.
Her allegations have dogged Andrew, 61, since she first made them in 2011, when the now-infamous photograph of him with his hand around her emerged.
His reputation is already in tatters over questions over his friendship with pedophiles Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell, who wasrecently convictedof trafficking girls for him to abuse.
In a car-crash interview with the BBC he denied ever meeting her and if he appears in court, he will certainly be cross-examined under oath about that claim.
The case is also a huge embarrassment for the royal family, as the Queen prepares to celebrate her Platinum Jubilee.
His current predicament stems from his controversial friendship with pedophile Epstein, who Giuffre alleges introduced her to the royal.
It wasannounced earlier this week thatAndrew had been stripped of his military titles.
In a bombshell statement, Buckingham Palace said: With the Queens approval and agreement, The Duke of Yorks military affiliations and Royal patronages have been returned to The Queen.
The Duke of York will continue not to undertake any public duties and is defending this case as a private citizen.
It means he is stripped of 12 military titles which had been held in abeyance after he stepped down from duties in November 2019 after his car-crash BBC Newsnight interview.
Andrew is seeking an out-of-court settlement for Ms Giuffre after Judge Lewis Kaplan ruled he must stand trial in the US. It could be up to 10million the amount he will get from selling his chalet in Verbier, Switzerland.
A source close to Andrew said, “Its a marathon, not a sprint, and the Duke will continue to defend himself against these claims.